Assisted living communities are the fast-growing trend in senior living, and for good reason. They offer all the perks of skilled nursing care with all the benefits of an independent living community. Most of these communities place emphasis on maintaining autonomy and providing a rich environment in which seniors can thrive(physically and socially) throughout their golden years.
After you’ve decided that assisted living is the right fit for you or your loved one, the next step is finding the community that is the right fit for your particular needs, interests, and lifestyle.
It’s important to visit any community you are considering and really immerse yourself in their environment to see if you could picture yourself living there.
Assisted Living Community Tour Tips
- Schedule your tour during mealtime so you can sample the menu. This is especially important if nutritious/delicious food is important to you.
- Be sure to ask which amenities are included and which ones might be an additional charge each month.
- Tour an empty apartment to see if the size fits your needs.
- Take note of the team’s general friendliness and kindness.
- Pay attention to other residents. Do they appear to be content?
- Be sure to get a copy of their activities calendar. Are there enough programs and social events that interest you?
- What is the cost of moving to their facility? What does the monthly cost include? When would you need to pay additional fees?
- Is there skilled medical personnel on staff around the clock?
- How does the overall environment feel to you? Is it clean, bright, and welcoming?
- Are there ample recreational spaces outdoors so you can get outside every day for fresh air and sunshine?
- Do they have both assisted living and memory care options?
This checklist will get you well on your way to finding a community that is a great fit for you and help you develop more questions as you realize things that will be important for your unique needs.
Senior Living At Its Finest in Fisherville, VA
Regency Senior Living is proud to offer seniors a way of life that is built around community. dedicated to providing our residents with a welcoming and comfortable environment where they can thrive and enjoy life – just like at home. From our well-trained and kind staff to amenities that create a strong sense of community and friendship, our focus is on offering quality care that is attentive, thoughtful, and personal.
With plentiful activities that engage residents with each other and our staff, new neighbors become new friends in an easy-going and relaxing small-town setting that encourages laughter, joy, and fun.
Regency Senior Living is where assisted living is warm and charming so that residents feel comfortable, lively, and inspired.
Come and let us show you that senior living doesn’t have to be limiting. In fact, there are many benefits that come with the choice to move into an assisted living community.
Come experience the Regency Senior Living difference today!
Schedule a Tour