Being a senior and among the elderly has its benefits. Can you say discounts?
Many discounts also apply if you have a military background, either active duty or retired. So let’s get started on those discounts!
- Harris Teeter: If you’re 60 or older, you can save 5% on your purchase every Thursday.
- New Seasons Market: If you’re 65 or older, save 10% on most items every Wednesday.
- Fred Meyer: If you’re 55 or older, save 10% on select items on the first Tuesday of the month.
- Bi-Lo: If you’re 60 or older, get 5% off every Wednesday.
- Reminder: Grocery stores typically have a rewards membership that gets you discounts on groceries, regardless of your age. These stores include Food Lion, Kroger, Albertsons, Publix, and Safeway.
- Rite Aid: If you’re 65 or older, you can earn 5x points on purchases in the store. Other benefits include a free pharmacist consultation, immunization needs, Medicare Part D answers, and screening for blood pressure. Enroll in the store for the “Wellness 65+” program and also be a “Wellness+” member.
- Walgreens: If you’re 55 or older, or an AARP member, get 20% off of eligible items and cash rewards both in-store and online. Check your local Walgreens for the days they offer these.
- Target: If you’re an AARP member, you get $10 off a complete eyewear purchase, plus $10 off nonprescription sunglasses, and 10% off contact lenses.
- AT&T: If you’re an AARP member, get $45 off fees for upgrades and activation, another 15% off some accessories, and other discounts.
- T-Mobile: If you’re 55 or older, discounts on phone plans range from $27.50 to $45 per month.
- Verizon: If you’re 55 or older, get $15 off for one or two lines.
Both Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise offer discount fares for people age 55 or older. For airlines, both United and Delta have discounts for seniors. For hotels, Best Western, Motel 6, and Choice all offer discounts. Check each chain before purchase on details.
Amazon Prime offers 50% your Prime membership if you receive Social Security.
If you’re 60 or older, Goodwill offers 10% off your in-store purchase on Tuesdays.
A CARING-FIRST ENVIRONMENT
Senior living communities like Regency at Augusta Assisted Living & Memory Care are precisely that—a community. Residents become friends and even family, and a caring team is there to help them maintain their quality of life.
At Regency at Augusta Assisted Living & Memory Care, we offer both Assisted Living and Memory Care and we care with Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Residents first and Teamwork. We like to call it Caring with H.E.A.R.T.™!If you believe a senior living community would benefit your loved one, get in touch with us. Schedule a visit or download a brochure today!